Welcome to my digital playground!
My name is Amruta Ranade (pronounced Um-roo-taa Raa-na-dey) and I am:
- Currently, the Staff Technical Writer at Cockroach Labs in New York
- A graduate of the Masters in Technical Communication program at Missouri S&T
- An Electronics Engineer
As the bullet list shows, I belong to the interconnected worlds of technical communication industry, academia, and technology. While interacting with each of these groups, I see tremendous potential for mutual benefit:
- Academia will benefit from learning the one-the-job experiences of industry practitioners.
- Tech Comm practitioners will benefit from learning about the vast research and literature that Tech Comm academia consistently produces.
- Developers can benefit from learning the basics of Tech Comm, while technical communicators can benefit from learning technological basics.
This blog is my attempt to bridge the different worlds and serve as an online venue for interaction and collaboration between these groups.
On this blog, I write about pursuing a graduate degree in Technical Communication, behind-the-scenes action as a technical writer at a startup in New York, and software fundamentals:
On The Job: Post about the job search process I used to get my technical writing jobs, day-in-the-life snapshots, real-world skills that I learned as a technical writer, and so on.
MS in Tech Comm: Posts about the pursuing a Master’s in Technical Communication, details of the courses that I took during my graduate program, assignments we completed, article reviews of assigned readings, and how the things I learned in the course help me at my job as a technical writer.
Tech Bytes: Posts about byte-sized resources on a small tech topic to help you get comfortable with technological concepts.
Join in on the discussion! Subscribe to receive email notifications about new posts.